CHEF JULIAN SERRANO UNVEILS MENU FOR LAGO, DEBUTING AT BELLAGIO IN LAS VEGAS THIS APRIL
James Beard Award-Winning Chef’s Newest Culinary Concept Brings Italian Cuisine into Small Plate Generation with Dishes such as Shrimp-Stuffed Calamari and Roman Gnocchi
Michelin-starred Chef Julian Serrano will re-conceptualize Italian cuisine with imaginative small plates at his newest concept Lago, opening in April front-and-center overlooking Bellagio’s iconic fountains. Serrano’s menu will encourage guests to explore and share a variety of striking creations, all of which speak to the award-winning chef’s creativity, skill and passion.
“It has been an absolute thrill to re-imagine Italian cuisine for today’s small-plate culinary era. This restaurant will bring together food lovers of all generations who crave exciting and thought-provoking dishes along with excellent service and high culinary craftsmanship,” said Serrano.
Culinary highlights include:
- Raw Italian: Sashimi lovers rejoice. Lago’s menu will offer a drool-worthy selection of raw seafood from Cedro-Marinated Shrimp to succulent Tuna served with blood orange.
- Seafood for the Senses: Whether it is the Shrimp-Stuffed Calamari, the Octopus served with intertwining tentacles or the Pesce Intero – a grilled fish presented whole atop a bed of lemons and drizzled with olive oil – seafood at Lago will be visually stunning, perfectly harmonizing with incredible aromas and wonderful tastes.
- Not Just Small Plates: Feasters’ Instagram feeds will delight in the Piatti Grandi section of the menu, built for the indulgent epicurean, including a One-Pound Bone-In Rib Eye, Fork Tender Red Wine Braised Veal Shank and even the option to order a Whole Roasted Suckling Pig.
- Vegan & Vegetarian-Friendly Indulgences: Chef Serrano’s creativity shines through in delightful vegan and vegetarian masterpieces such as Truffle-Style Mushrooms, Roman Gnocchi with blue cheese, and Caponata – a sweet & sour Sicilian eggplant.
- Pastas with Pizazz: Don’t expect your standard bowl of noodles and marinara here. With rich depths of flavor, Chef Serrano’s aesthetic creations will dazzle taste buds, such as the Baked Cannelloni that houses succulent pulled short ribs, or the creamy Mushroom Risotto with hearty pieces of tripe and fresh mint.
- Artisanal Pizzas: No Italian restaurant would be complete without pizzas. Lago will offer a selection of pies including the classic Margherita, the Nduja topped with gorgonzola and spicy calbrese spread and a Bianca, covered in smoked provolone and arugula.
Lago’s stunning mosaic exterior will invite guests into an unforgettable and playful Italian dining experience that will include a soon-to-be-announced cutting-edge mixology program featuring uncharted preparations such as leather-aged cocktails.
Lago will be open from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. nightly and is located off the casino floor next to Hyde Bellagio.
Inspired by the beautiful villages of Europe, the AAA Five Diamond Bellagio overlooks a Mediterranean-blue, 8 ½-acre lake in which fountains perform a magnificent aquatic ballet. Award-winning dining, a world-class art gallery, the exquisite Conservatory & Botanical Gardens, the stunning performance of “O,” by Cirque du Soleil, a sumptuous spa and salon and exclusive luxury shopping all work together to compose the symphony that is Bellagio. Bellagio is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM).