Treat your family to these colorful shrimp tacos this Lenten season. Chili powder and cumin seasoned shrimp bring a welcome heat, while a drizzle of creamy salsa made with McCormick®Mayonesa and HERDEZ® Salsa Casera cools it all off for a craveable, tangy finish.
- Creamy Salsa:
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup McCormick® Mayonnaise with Lime Juice (Mayonesa)
- 1/4 cup HERDEZ® Salsa Casera (Mild, Medium or Hot)
- Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos:
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas, warmed or grilled
- Optional Toppings:
- Cabbage/lettuce, shredded
- Avocado, chopped
- Tomatoes, diced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges
Serves 3 to 6
- Mix mayonnaise and salsa in small bowl until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and salt in small bowl. Toss seasoning mixture with shrimp in medium bowl until evenly coated.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium. Add seasoned shrimp; cook and stir 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in lime juice.
- Serve shrimp in warmed tortillas. Top with creamy salsa and desired toppings, such as shredded cabbage or lettuce, chopped avocado, tomatoes and fresh cilantro, and lime wedges.