There is nothing better than being given the creativity to create your own dish! Use this DIY shredded chicken taco bar recipe for a group gathering or just a evening in for two.
Recipe courtesy of: Lindsey @LindseyEatsLA
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 cup HERDEZ® Salsa Casera
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Taco Bar Toppings:
- Pico de gallo: see below for recipe
- 5 to 6 corn or flour tortillas
- 5 sliced radishes
- 1/2 thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 cob of corn
- 1 to 2 sliced jalapeños
- HERDEZ® Guacamole Salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Pico de Gallo garnish:
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime
Serves 3 to 4
- Heat oven to 400°. Season chicken with 1/2 cup HERDEZ® Salsa Casera, salt, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, paprika and olive oil. Place in oven for about 30 to 40 minutes until cooked through.
- Place 1/2 cup shredded cabbage in a bowl, as well as bowls of radish, red onion, lime wedges, 1 sliced corn cob, slice jalapeños, HERDEZ® Guacamole Salsa, cilantro and feta cheese.
- Remove chicken from oven, and while hot, shred with 2 forks. Note: if you let the chicken sit out before shredding, it won’t shred as easily.
- Place your shredded chicken and toppings in separate bowls as well as your heated tortillas, assemble, enjoy!
- For Pico de Gallo: Mix together chopped Roma tomatoes, white onion, cilantro and lemon juice.