Bubbles are out and rosé is in! Inject a bit of Provence into the holiday season to create a rosé-accented holiday party like no other
NEW YORK, Nov. 26, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — If your December calendar isn’t already booked solid with holiday festivities, it soon will be. From office parties to ones with friends and family, everyone is making the rounds from one holiday party to another. Don’t fade into the standard stream of gatherings this season. Dare to stand out with a rosé-themed holiday party, featuring wine from the world’s top dry rosé region: Provence, France.
Even if rosé wines are the perfect drink for summer sipping, Provençal citizens know that rosé has a place at festivities year round. Stretching for over 125 miles along the southern coast of France, Provence specializes in dry rosé made from over a dozen grape varieties in the appellations of Côtes de Provence, Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence, and Coteaux Varois en Provence. Easy-drinking and crowd-pleasing, Provençal rosés allow the host to focus on the party itself, rather than stressing out about stocking up on different bottles.
Here are six ways to add a new shade to your holiday party this year:
- Greet guests with rosé. Sparkling may be traditional for holiday toasts, but Wines of Provence rosés have all the crisp flavor and bright refreshment of bubbles. Have a tray of rosé-filled glasses ready for revelers as soon as they walk in the door.
- Set the scene – literally. Sun-splashed and kissed by Mediterranean warmth, Provence can seem a world away from the cold, snow-blanketed setting of the holiday season. Instead of tuning the television to the traditional Yule Log loop, display a scene of the rolling hills and seascapes of Provence.
- Accent decorations with rosé. A rosé-themed holiday party doesn’t have to splash shades of pink all over the walls. Use accents like confetti, ornaments, and candles to add a hint of rosé amidst the more traditional gold and silver hues. If you get the party started early, fill empty Provençal rosé bottles with rose gold beads to create festive – and budget-friendly – fixtures.
- Pair each course with rosé. Whether you’re planning a seated dinner or passing small bites, rosé from Provence pairs with everything. It will meld with meats and cheeses, brighten up rich dips and sides, and soften the attack of the odd spicy dish.
- Host a rosé gift swap. Though rosé from Provence will always be dry and flavorful, wines can range from very clear to darker hues, light-bodied to full-bodied. Instead of hosting a traditional gift swap, ask guests to bring a wrapped bottle of Provençal rosé. Each guest is guaranteed to come away with something delicious, and it will carry on the rosé festivities even after the party concludes.
- Send guests home with a Provençal gift bag. Simple gift bags with unbreakable wine glasses and a lavender-scented bar of soap – a scent that abounds in Provence – herbs from Provence or a bottle of olive oil will enchant guests with the mood of southern France all season long.
Everyone will be decorating in red and green and serving the expected mulled wine and eggnog during holiday parties this year. Set your gathering apart with a taste of pink and prove that Provençal rosé doesn’t need to be stashed away once winter sets in.
About Wines of Provence
Wines of Provence, known in France as the Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins de Provence (CIVP), is an organization representing over 647 wineries and trade companies from the Provence region. Its mission is to promote and advance the wines of the organization’s 3 appellations, Côtes de Provence, Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence and Coteaux Varois en Provence. Members together produce 96% of Provence’s Appellation d’Origine Protégée (AOP) wines, 155M bottles in 2017. Wines of Provence is the global leader for premium rosé wine, accounting for 42% of domestic and 5% of global rosé production. The U.S. is Wines of Provence’s first export market, 43% in volume of its exports.
Follow us @winesofprovence #WinesofProvence or visit: www.vinsdeprovence.com
Sopexa c/o Wines of Provence
+1 (212) 386 7439
SOURCE Wines of Provence